Date Added: 18 November 2023
: 15 December 2023
Job Title: Corporate Lobbyist
Working For: Compassion in World Farming International
Location: Internet/ Godalming, Surrey/ France, Spain or Italy
Salary: £65,000 - £70,000
Length of Contract: 9 months or open to Freelance/Consultancy proposals
Compassion in World Farming International was founded in 1967 by Peter Roberts, a British farmer who became horrified by the development of intensive factory farming. Two years ago, the European Commission committed to banning cages for over 300 million farm animals in the EU by 2027 in response to the "End the Cage Age" initiative, supported by 1.4 million citizens, scientists, and leading food companies. They also planned to revise legislation on farm animal welfare, transport, slaughter, and product labelling, with proposals due by the end of 2023. However, resistance from MEPs opposing the EU's Green Deal and pressure from the agri lobby and MEP votes have raised concerns about the Commission's commitment.
This is an exciting opportunity to bring together the policy advocacy and food business engagement work streams at Compassion in support of animal welfare legislative reform.
This position will focus on:
- Developing corporate lobbying strategies, including engaging supportive and opposing stakeholders and garnering MEP support during EU Elections,
- Securing support from EU food companies for animal welfare legislative reform.
- Building and maintaining relationships with industry consortiums and engage with lobbyists influencing the European Commission on Animal Welfare reform.
- Collaborating with policy teams at Compassion in World Farming, particularly in the lead-up to the 2024 elections.
- Providing support to food business teams in their policy-related engagement, including soliciting letters of support.
- Creating resources empowering corporate organisations, policy teams, and the Food Business team for policy reforms.
- Assisting in communication and media activities aimed at rallying industry support for Animal Welfare reform.
- Monitoring and recording industry support, communicating progress internally.
This role will collaborate with a range of stakeholders, including food industry leaders, policy teams, food business managers, industry consortiums, and lobbyists. Your impact will be instrumental in advocating for animal welfare legislative reform, securing support from the food industry, fostering positive relationships with influential organisations.
No agencies please.
Closing Date: 15 December 2023
For Freelance/Consultancy proposals please contact the HR team for further information firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we reserve the right to commence interviews on a rolling programme.
Apply here: https://ciwf.livevacancies.co.uk/#/job/details/150
Please complete the online application form and upload your CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification detailed in the Job Description.
For more information each out to us at email@example.com