Date Added: 18 November 2023
: 4 December 2023
Job Title: Policy Manager
Working For: Social Mobility Foundation
Salary: £38,100- £46,100 (+ £2,200 London weighting if applicable)
Length of Contract: Permanent
About the role
Your role will be central to achieving our new three-year strategy. Based in the Advocacy and Campaigns team, your work will increase the SMF’s influence to drive systems change; in particular, through the development of robust policy positions, informed by internal and external sources of evidence, including the voice of our young people on the Aspiring Professionals Programme.
You will help us design and lead our approach to working with external stakeholders to share and gather policy insights, and inform and influence the research agenda. Working closely with colleagues in the Advocacy and Campaigns team and across the organisation, you will develop the SMF point of view and shape policy recommendations, and advising on areas which could support impactful campaigns that increase equity in education and employment.
Additionally, you will own the ongoing intellectual development of the Social Mobility Employer Index, using the latest research and internal knowledge to develop well-informed policy recommendations for employers. You’ll be supported by external consultants as needed and work with the Head of Advocacy and Campaigns to develop an advisory board to ensure the Index remains up to date.
Whilst we would like you to have previous experience in a policy role, your mindset is as important as your experience. You’ll be a leader in an ambitious team, and we need someone who is enthusiastic, a self-starter and passionate about delivering impactful change.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of developing public policy positions and recommendations based on research and insights
- Awareness of and interest in latest developments in policy and research on education, routes into employment and social mobility
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with colleagues from different teams to make evidence-based decisions
- Confident in interpreting and analysis research and data
- Excellent written and analytical skills
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly to all audiences and in different formats
- Excellent attention to detail and a desire to always improve
- Enjoy multi-tasking and working in a past pace changing environment
- Excellent agile project management skills
- Belief in our mission
Closing Date: 4 December 2023
We will be interviewing after applications close.
Start Date: ASAP, likely January 2024.
Interested applicants can find more details about how to apply here: https://hr.breathehr.com/v/policy-manager-32812