Date Added: 18 November 2023
: 4 December 2023
Job Title: Senior Caseworker/ Caseworker
Working For: Rushanara Ali MP (Bethnal Green and Bow)
Salary: Senior Caseworker (£33,110-£45,927) / Caseworker (£24,000-£38,197) - (dependent on experience)
Length of Contract: Permanent
- Engage professionally, confidentially with care and integrity with members of the public, through telephone enquiries, social media, emails and face to face.
- Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with data protection legislation.
- Exercise a high level of autonomy in reaching decisions on cases based on the evidence.
- Assist with surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate.
- Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases.
- Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters.
- Manage a large caseload of complex cases, working in a professional, confidential, caring and sensitive manner.
- Provide briefings for the MP.
- Respond professionally, sensitively, confidentially and with integrity to routine correspondence and enquiries by email, telephone, social media and face to face from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups.
- There may be requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal hours and travel for work occasionally.
- Previous experience of working in an MP’s casework team (desirable)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (required)
- Attention to detail (required)
- The ability to work often under pressure and to tight deadlines (required)
- Excellent time-management and teamworking skills (required)
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 4 December 2023
Interviews will take place on Thursday 14th December.
Deadline for applications is 10am on the closing date.
Please email your CV and a one page cover letter outlining why you want the role and why you think you would be a good fit.
Please email your application to email@example.com If you have any questions about the role use the same email address.