Date Added: 18 November 2023
: 8 December 2023
Job Title: Intern
Working For: Matt Vickers MP (Stockton South)
Location: Stockton South
Salary: In Line with IPSA Pay Scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Matt Vickers, Member of Parliament for Stockton South, is seeking to employ a Parliamentary Intern. The successful applicant will be based in the constituency and will join a close-knit group of staff based across Westminster and Stockton South. The position will be paid in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and have the potential to develop strong planning and organisational abilities, awareness of or proficiency in the use of social media, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
The position would suit someone looking to develop a career in politics.
• Assisting/learning how to manage casework;
• Basic administrative support;
• Analysing, evaluating and interpreting data;
• Assisting in appropriate research;
• Assisting in drafting responses to constituents;
• Handling mail, emails and phone calls from constituents;
• Helping the Parliamentary Assistant with the running of the Westminster Office.
A successful candidate would have the following desirable skills:
• Computer literacy, especially with the Office 365 suite;
• Basic comprehension of Politics;
• Highly Organised, with good record keeping and appropriate confidentiality,
• Excellent communication and attention to detail;
• Happy to work outside normal working hours;
• Ability to learn and take on information quickly;
• Willing to occasionally travel to and work in the constituency;
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 8 December 2023
Interviews may be held prior to the closing date, so please apply early to avoid dissapointment.
All applicants should send their CV with a short cover letter explaining why they are suitable for the role to Niall Innes by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct any enquiries regarding this position to Niall by email or by calling 01642 956526.