Date Added: 20 November 2023
: 3 December 2023
Job Title: Digital Account Manager
Working For: House of Commons
Salary: £41,340 - £47,975 per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
As a passionate and creative communicator with exceptional customer service, you will be the Digital Account Manager for approximately six select committees. Working closely with committee teams and their respective Media and Communications and Engagement Officers, you will be responsible for providing advice on how to reach target audiences online. Working with other media specialists, you will deliver integrated plans, often taking the lead on digital campaigns.
You will be working in the Select Committee Team (SCT), supporting the work of the House of Commons select committees. Select committees are cross-party committees of MPs who examine government policy and spending.
This post is part of SCT Communications, a team of communications, digital and engagement professionals providing a dedicated service to around 30 select committees.
Some of the responsibilities for this role include:
- Day to day account management of several select committee digital channels, commissioning, creating posting, monitoring and optimising content and campaigns to driving positive and meaningful engagement.
- Managing the content calendar for your committees. Identifying strategic and reactive opportunities for amplifying messages and growing audiences through proactively following committee business.
- Helping develop and refine SCT’s policies and approach to its use of social media and channels.
- Conducting regular evaluation and debrief exercises, reporting the impact of our work to committee teams and interpreting data to create actionable insights, and sharing lessons learned across SCT’s communications team.
In addition to your salary, we offer an attractive range of benefits including:
- 30 days’ annual leave (increasing to 35 days after first full leave year)
- Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
- Access to training and development
- Flexible working
- Interest-free season ticket loan and bicycle loan
Please note that most job offers will be made at the minimum of the salary range, other than in exceptional circumstances.
Closing Date: 3 December 2023
The advert will close at 23:55 on 3 December 2023. We plan to hold interviews on 12 and 13 December 2023.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit an application on the House of Commons careers portal, providing evidence against criteria 1-4 in the job description. More information on the role and the full criteria can be found in the job description.