Date Added: 20 November 2023
: 6 December 2023
Job Title: Intern
Working For: WPI Strategy
Salary: London Living Wage
Length of Contract: Six months (with the possibility of extension)
WPI Strategy is one of the UK's fastest growing public affairs firms. We work with some of the most high profile brands in the country and provide clients with in-depth policy research, strategic advice and hands-on support to deliver high value, high impact political campaigns.
We are looking for an intern to join our team for six months. Our internship will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Gain a unique experience and understanding of UK politics and life in Westminster;
- Gain experience working on multiple different policy areas and political issues;
- Build networks across Westminster and work with senior staff on key client issues.
- Support colleagues in delivering effective client service, including through conducting media and parliamentary monitoring, conducting research and analysis on key political and policy issues, assisting with project management and supporting event organisation
- Demonstrate strong organisation and attention to detail, including managing time effectively to ensure work is delivered on time to high standards
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, including the ability to distil complex issues into clear and concise language
- Demonstrate interest in and knowledge of politics and policy, business and the media
- Conducting research and analysis on key political and policy issues;
- Supporting the production of briefing materials for clients;
- Supporting the team’s political analysis by writing short briefings of key political events and trends;
- Assisting the team with project management;
- Helping the events team with the production of policy events with political and media figures.
Essential Core Competencies:
- Research skills: Applicants must be able to use a wide range of sources including government documents and academic literature to produce insightful analyses and summaries on policy issues.
- Policy interest: The successful candidate will have an interest in the key policy debates occurring within the United Kingdom.
- Political awareness: The successful candidate will have an appreciation and understanding of political news, trends, and issues.
- Communications and writing skills: The successful candidate will be able to clearly and concisely distil complex political and policy issues down into a clear and comprehensible set of findings.
Closing Date: 6 December 2023
Applications close on Wednesday 6th December at 11:59pm, with interviews taking place shortly after.
Start Date: January 2024
To apply for this job, applicants should submit a Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org