Date Added: 20 November 2023
: 28 November 2023
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Alistair Strathern MP (Mid Bedfordshire)
Location: Mid Bedfordshire
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Alistair Strathern MP is seeking an enthusiastic Caseworker to join a dynamic and history making team in Mid Bedfordshire.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in helping Alistair make a difference to the lives of constituents across Mid Bedfordshire, and take the lead in helping to resolve constituents challenges and take up campaigns on their behalf .
Duties will include:
• Dealing with correspondence, telephone enquiries and emails and providing timely responses.
• Organising and attending surgeries, other relevant meetings, and taking notes.
• Gathering information relevant to assist cases
• Liaising with various agencies and organisations to resolve constituents' problems
• Identifying and responding to local casework trends across the area
• Assisting Alistair to develop responses to key local issues
• Logging all cases, monitoring progress and ensuring that actions are taken
• Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Workload and project management skills
• Good IT skills
• Ability to deal with constituents and community interest groups in a helpful and sympathetic manner
• Experience of advising in areas such as housing, welfare benefits or immigration issues or community advocacy work would be beneficial.
A good working knowledge or understanding of local issues in Mid Bedfordshire, and of emerging domestic policies, and the ability to identify casework trends in relation to these, are desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will demonstrate their enthusiasm to play a key role in a hardworking team supporting Alistair in his constituency work.
We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 28 November 2023
Closing Date and time: 10am on the 28th November 2023.
Interview date: Interviews will take place on the 1st December 2023.
Start date: As soon as possible following the interview date and taking into account the successful applicant's notice period.
Please submit both your CV and a covering letter of no more than two pages - outlining why you would be suitable for the role - to both: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com