Date Added: 20 November 2023
: 20 December 2023
Job Title: Senior Administration Officer
Working For: Peter Dowd MP (Bootle)
Location: Bootle, Merseyside
Length of Contract: 6-9 Months (Maternity Cover)
Peter Dowd MP is seeking a Senior Administrative Officer for his busy constituency office in Bootle, Merseyside. This is full time, office-based role providing maternity cover role for 6-9 months depending on start date.
Previous experience of diary management, event management, updating social media and working for a Member of Parliament, is preferable but not essential.
• Provide effective diary management.
• Assist in the updating of social media upon request.
• Assist with arrangements for events, this may include venue research and bookings, compiling and managing guest lists, liaising with suppliers and providing on-the-day support as required.
• Database management using office software (e.g., Microsoft office) to oversee administrative cases.
• Efficient data and file management to ensure the office complies with data protection legislation.
• Open, handle and action email, post, and social media enquiries.
• Exposure to complex cases.
• Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public through a variety of methods.
• Assist in the compilation of briefing packs.
• Assisting with general office support and administration.
• Respond to enquiries by telephone, email and social media, passing on queries to another team member / MP as appropriate
Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience of diary management, ideally in an MP’s office (not essential).
• Previous experience of updating social media.
• Ability to manage a wide range of written and telephone enquiries.
• Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload effectively.
• Strong written and verbal communication.
• Experience of working in a public-facing role.
• The ability to work independently as part of a team.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 December 2023
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th December 2023
Interviews: Week commencing 8th January 2024
Preferred Start Date – ASAP
Applicants should send their CV (two pages), covering letter (one page) in a word document to Trish Hardy at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line – ‘First Name, Surname -Senior Administrator Application’.