Date Added: 20 November 2023
: 7 December 2023
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Wera Hobhouse MP (Bath)
Length of Contract: Permanent
As a constituency caseworker, you will be working as part of a small team to investigate and, where possible, resolve the problems that constituents bring to the MP.
Description of Duties
• Logging and replying to constituents’ emails
• Dealing with daily queries from members of the public by phone or in person
• Gather relevant information from constituents in order to progress or close cases
• Providing advice, information and support to constituents on a variety of issues, through liaison with Government agencies, the local Council and others
• Keeping accurate records, in line with Data Protection
• Undertaking general administrative/secretarial tasks
• Arranging surgery appointments and other meetings to assist the MP in dealing with constituents’ issues
• Using the CaseworkerMP system
• Undertake other duties within the constituency office as required
• Good written communication skills
• Good administrative and IT skills
• Ability to work proactively and independently as part of a small team
• Be a good communicator who can empathise with others
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 7 December 2023
Interviews are expected to be in the afternoon of Thursday 14th December in Bath.
We hope the start date will be 1st January 2024.
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a Cover Letter and your CV.