Date Added: 8 January 2024
: 1 February 2024
Job Title: Policy Analyst
Working For: TaxPayers' Alliance
Salary: Negotiable, according to skills and experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
The TaxPayers' Alliance, Britain's independent grassroots campaign for lower taxes and less government waste, is seeking to recruit a policy analyst to produce in-depth policy analysis and swiftly react to fiscal events. Research will be released to the general public, the media, parliamentarians and policy makers, so candidates must have the confidence and ability to communicate their findings to different audiences.
The successful candidate should have the following qualities and abilities:
- An understanding of, a sympathy for, and a desire to promote the TPA's aims and values
- Experience in, or knowledge of, using programmes like Microsoft Excel to manage and analyse large amounts of data
- Experience in, or the knowledge of, applying statistical and economic analysis to policy debates
- Experience in, or the knowledge of, using official statistics for research projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A willingness and ability to learn quickly and respond to a variety of different situations
- The ability and commitment to work to often challenging deadlines
- The ability to write concisely and accurately
- The confidence to respond quickly to economic and political events
- This role will suit candidates with a degree or experience in economics, or related discipline such as economic history or finance
- A demonstrable passion for campaigning and willingness to occasionally travel nationally and/or internationally, if required
- Confidence speaking in public, with a view to representing the TPA on broadcast media and at major events
- Experience interacting with the print or broadcast media
- Knowledge or experience of working with Parliamentarians
The role will be based full-time in the TPA’s Westminster office.
Closing Date: 1 February 2024
Interviews will begin in mid January 2024.
Position start date: January 2024, or as soon as candidate is available.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org