Date Added: 8 February 2024
: 1 March 2024
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Craig Hoy MSP
Location: Edinburgh and South Scotland Region
Salary: £31,801 - £35,395 per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
You will be a key member of a small team, involved in a range of duties contributing to the work of Craig Hoy MSP and his team in serving his constituents within the South Scotland region.
MSPs are employers in their own right. Under their employment, you will become part of a team supporting them in carrying out their duties. You'll work in a dynamic and fast paced environment to provide an outstanding service for constituents.
- Producing materials that effectively convey my aims to the general public and media.
- Keeping up to date with current media developments.
- Building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders.
- Corresponding with constituents and local campaign groups.
- Producing high quality press briefings, speeches, presentations and written materials.
- Identifying potential media opportunities and acting as media contact.
- Organising and arranging interviews and press conferences as specified.
- Identifying forthcoming events, in turn promoting my work.
- Developing creative new engagement methods for social media accounts.
- Representing me in dealing with media and providing statements where appropriate.
- Following all media outlets to capture relevant developments as they happen
- Maintaining information systems to support communications
- Maintaining and growing social media presence
- Drafting and posting social media content to update constituents on my parliamentary activities
- Reviewing social media trends and briefing me in issues of relevance to my parliamentary role
- Have an interest in politics with the confidence to represent someone in a media-related capacity.
- Be capable in monitoring media developments and sourcing information from a range of channels.
- Have the ability to foster good working relationships with confidence to understand how the media world operates.
- Be creative in designing and communicating over a range of formats on different media platforms.
- Have flexibility using relevant IT skills and writing styles, covering both traditional and newer forms of media.
- A full driving licence would be advantageous.
Closing Date: 1 March 2024
For any questions about the role please contact: Craig.Hoy.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your CV and supporting statement to email@example.com Your supporting statement should outline how you meet the requirements detailed above for this role. Applications that do not include a supporting statement may not be considered.