Date Added: 10 February 2024
: 23 February 2024
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Damien Moore MP (Southport)
Location: Southport / London
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Three months minimum (covering medical leave)
Damien Moore MP is looking for a Caseworker to join his team, covering a period of medical leave. This role is currently based in Southport, but applications may be considered from candidates wishing to be based in Westminster. While previous experience is helpful, it is by no means essential, and no one should be discouraged from applying for this role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for handling large volumes of casework enquiries submitted to Mr. Moore by members of the public. The work is varied and will involve assisting Mr. Moore with local correspondence and research as required.
You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, possess a positive “can do” attitude, be able to work under pressure, and be willing to work as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate.
• Critically analyse patterns of enquiries and articulate the findings in reports and communication with the MP and other staff members.
• Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assist on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media, or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required.
• Develop knowledge in specialist areas.
• Draft responses to constituents.
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation.
• Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially, and accurately.
• Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
• Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sectors, and others to resolve constituency matters.
• Log all cases, monitor progress, and ensure all identified actions are taken.
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
Upon appointment you will be required to apply for security clearance, undertaken by the Security Vetting and Pass Office. See Members’ Staff Security Clearance page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 February 2024
We look to hold interviews no later than the week commencing 26 February, with the successful candidate to commence working for Mr. Moore as soon as possible.
We may interview and appoint earlier if the right candidate is found. Early applications are encouraged.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job Application – Caseworker” in the subject line.