Date Added: 10 February 2024
: 16 February 2024
Job Title: Economic Assistant
Working For: Embassy of Japan in the UK
Salary: TBD in accordance with qualification and experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Embassy of Japan seeks a highly qualified person who can perform as an assistant to the Economic Section. You will be required to support Japanese diplomats posted in the UK, as well as working within a team of locally employed staff to support the wider functions of the Embassy.
- Degree-level academic background, with English language as a mother tongue or equivalent, both spoken and written.
- Strong cooperation and communication skills.
- Competence in an office environment, including IT skills such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- A keen interest in Japan, and knowledge of Japan-related issues.
- Flexibility, a sense of responsibility, attention to detail, and perseverance to carry out complicated tasks with accuracy.
- Decision making skills and discretion to help build networks with UK government departments and other organisations.
- Fundamental understanding of economics and UK-Japan politics and business.
- Experience of Japan, and Japanese language skills, would also be preferable.
Closing Date: 16 February 2024
Interviews: Mid to Late March 2024
Start Date: Mid to Late April 2024
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a CV (as detailed as possible) and covering letter explaining how you are able to meet the requirements for the position, along with your current salary, daytime
telephone number and email address to email@example.com